Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fall 2014 Recap Part 4: Some pretty Hawaii views :)

One of my favorite things about Hawaii is the VIEWS. So here are some of my favorite views from this fall. Please note that, once again, my little smartphone camera doesn't do anything justice.







This is actually the view from our back balcony one Monday morning around 6 AM. I hate Mondays as much as the next person, but this made getting up a little easier.






This is the view from Tantalus Lookout. You have to drive up a VERY winding road to get there (I thought we were going to die a few times), but the view from the top is amazing.
 Sea cliffs out by Koko Head, on the way to Hanauma Bay. Hanauma Bay is a GREAT view too, and SO MUCH FUN, but I didn't get any pictures of it. If you like to snorkel, GO TO HANAUMA BAY. If you've never snorkeled, GO TO HANAUMA BAY. I've never seen so many fish in my life. My favorite was this HUGE parrot fish. So beautiful.
The view from Nu'uanu Pali lookout. You can't tell from the photo, but it was just about the windiest place I've ever been! I thought I was going to blow off the cliff! Nu'uanu Pali is the site of a very bloody battle in which Kamehameha I conquered Oahu. The pass used to be the only connection between windward Oahu and Honolulu and it was really dangerous and tough! There are ghost stories about the old highway today, and according to Hawaiian folklore you can't carry pork over the Nu'uanu Pali, especially at night. Allegedly, if you have pork in your car when you drive over it, your car will stop. This is because the goddess Pele didn't want Kamapua'a, a half-human, half-hog god with whom she didn't get along, crossing into her territory. For better photos, Google Nu'uana Pali!



This is the view of downtown Honolulu from the Aloha Tower, which is actually right down the road from HPU! We visited on a day with strange weather, and were lucky enough to catch a double rainbow. The second one if faintly visible at the top, see?





Well, I hope you've enjoyed my snaps of just a very few of the great Hawaiian views I got to see during the Fall 2014 semester! What's your favorite view in Hawaii?

No comments:

Post a Comment